Fisheries Figures, Boundaries, Regulatory Areas, EFH and Critical Habitat
Fisheries Boundaries, Areas and Zones
- Alaska's Federal Fisheries Regulatory Areas and Zones: (see Figures section) Statistical and Reporting Areas, Savings Areas, Habitat Conservation Zones, Areas and Districts, Marine Reserves, Conservation Areas, Management Areas
- IPHC regulatory areas and NMFS reporting areas
- Fishery Management Boundaries: Alaska Department of Fish and Game Groundfish Statistical Areas, National Marine Fisheries Service Reporting Areas, and International Pacific Halibut Commission Regulatory Areas (charts)
- Fishery Management Boundaries between State and Federal Waters
- Sablefish Regulatory Areas
- Rural and Non-rural Area Maps and Sitka Sound Local Area Management Plan
- Steller Sea Lion Protection Measures
- Habitat Conservation Areas
- Subsistence Halibut Maps - subsistence, non-subsistence and non-rural areas
- State Statisitical Areas, IPHC Areas and Federal Reporting Areas (Carry Map Application): Android/iPhone and Windows Computer
- State of Alaska - Management Districts and Statistical Areas for Shellfish and Groundfish Fisheries (PDFs)
ShoreZone and Essential Fish Habitat (EFH)
- ShoreZone Coastal Mapping and Imagery: a compilation of data, photographs and video of Alaska's coastline
- Alaska EFH Mapper: ArcGIS Web Application with spatial data and maps of EFH for species managed by the North Pacific Fishery Management Council. Identify Alaska EFH by species life history stage with several tools accessed through the icons at the bottom of the page.
- EFH Species (shapefiles - zip file)
- National EFH and EFH Designated Species Information Mapper: Data about areas where steps have been taken to minimize the impact that fisheries have on EFH by geographic area of interest.
- Pacific Salmon Freshwater EFH in Alaska - ADF&G Anadromous Fish Waters Catalog (external website)
ESA Species Maps
- Endangered Species Interactive Map: Threatened and endangered marine mammals and critical habitat under NMFS jurisdiction in Alaska
- Steller sea lion critical habitat: charts and rookery no-entry zones
NOTE: These web sites are for informational purposes only and should not be used as the source of information regarding fishing area closures. Please see the Federal Fishery Regulations for official information.