BSAI Crab Rationalization
Crab vessel in the Bering Sea. Photo: Forrest Bowers, ADF&G
- Fishery Information: balances, permits, landings, reports, seasons, fees
- Overview and FAQs
- Program Changes
- Economic Data Reports
- Right of First Refusal Contract Terms
- Enforcement Guidance on North Opilio Processing Cap
- Additional Information
Balances, Transfers, Permits, Landings, Seasons, TACs
- IFQ/IPQ Balances, Transfers and Landing Ledger Reports (online services): Check crab account/vessel balances, pay cost-recovery fees, make an ex-vessel volume and value report, transfer IPQ or inter-cooperative IFQ; view landing ledger reports (IFQ/IPQ and RCR), quota share holdings reports, and processor quota share holdings reports
- IFQ, IPQ, and Coop Annual Applications Received
- Cooperative Information
- Permits Issued and Permit Reports: Coops, IFQ/IPQ, QS
- Seasons and Total Allowable Catch
- Pools and Use Caps
- Landings Report
- Gulf of Alaska Sideboards
- Annual Reports: 2011/2012, 2010/11, 2009/10, 2008/09, 2007/08, 2006/07, 2005/06
- WAG Crab West Region Delivery Exemption: 2013/14, 2012/13, 2011/12
- CR North or South Regional Delivery Exemptions: 2013/14
Applications and Forms
- Applications and Forms (due August 1)
- Fee Payment (due July 31)
- Annual Deadlines
IFQ, IPQ, and Coop Annual Applications Received
(in alphabetic order by quota holder or cooperative name)
Crab IFQ Landings and Allocations by Fishery
Pools and Use Caps
Quota Share and Processor Quota Share Pools and Ratios
Annual Vessel IFQ Use Caps
PQS/IPQ Use Caps
- 2013/14, 2012/13, 2011/12, 2010/11, 2009/10, 2008/09, combined report: 2007/08, combined report: 2006/07, combined report: 2005/06
QS/IFQ Use Caps
Crab Fishery Seasons and TAC
- Aleutian Islands Golden King Crab:
- Bering Sea Snow Crab:
- Bering Sea Tanner Crab:
- Bristol Bay Red King Crab:
- St. Matthew Is. and Pribilof King Crab:
- Western Aleutian Islands Red King Crab:
- Crab Arbitration Organizations: 2012/13, 2011/12, 2010/11, 2009/10, 2008/09, 2007/08, 2006/07, 2005/06 (with representatives and contact information)
Fishery Management Plan (FMP) Amendments
- BSAI King and Tanner Crab FMP Amendments
- 78 FR 36122, June 17, 2013. NMFS issues regulations to implement Amendment 42 to the BSAI King and Tanner Crabs FMP. These regulations revise the annual economic data reports (EDRs) currently required of participants in the Crab Rationalization Program fisheries. The EDRs include cost, revenue, ownership, and employment data the Council and NMFS use to study the economic impacts of the CR Program on harvesters, processors, and affected communities.
Regulatory Amendments and Corrections
- 75 FR 56485, September 16, 2010. Final regulations to remove the Crab Rationalization Program requirements for catcher/ processors to weigh all offloaded crab on a state-approved scale that produces a printed record and to submit a catcher/processor offload report. Effective September 16, 2010.
- 75 FR 50716, August 17, 2010. Emergency rule to extend the emergency action, implemented on February 18, 2010, to exempt individual fishing quota and individual processing quota issued for the Western Aleutian Islands golden king crab fishery from the West regional designation. Effective from August 18, 2010, through February 20, 2011.
- 75 FR 7205, February 18, 2010. Emergency rule to exempt individual fishing quota issued for the Western Aleutian Islands golden king crab fishery from the West regional designation and individual processing quota issued for this fishery from the West regional designation. Effective February 18, 2010, through August 17, 2010.
- 74 FR 51515, October 7, 2009. Final rule to provide harvesting cooperatives, crab processing quota share holders, and Western Alaska Community Development Quota (CDQ) groups with the option to make intercooperative transfers, crab individual processing quota transfers, and inter-group transfers through an automated, web based process. Effective November 6, 2009.
- 73 FR 30319, May 27, 2008. Correction to a final rule that was published on March 2, 2005 (70 FR 10174). This correction amends the regulations governing the BSAI crab fisheries. Effective June 26, 2008.
- 71 FR 44231, August 4, 2006. Final rule to amend the IFQ Cost Recovery Program for the Halibut and Sablefish IFQ and the BSAI Crab Rationalization Programs. Effective September 5, 2006.
- 71 FR 38298, July 6, 2006. Final rule to implement changes to the regulations for the Crab Rationalization Program to correct two discrepancies in the scope of the sideboard protections for GOA groundfish fisheries provided in a previous rulemaking. Effective on August 7, 2006.
- 71 FR 38112, July 5, 2006. Final rule to implement revision of the annual economic data reports (EDRs) submission deadline from May 1 to June 28. Effective on July 5, 2006.
- 70 FR 75419, December 20, 2005. Final rule correcting amendment to the regulations governing the BSAI KTC fishery. Effective December 20, 2005.
- 70 FR 33390, June 8, 2005. Final rule correcting 70 FR 10174, Amendments 18 and 19 to the regulations governing the BSAI crab fisheries. Effective April 1, 2005.
- 70 FR 13097, March 18, 2005. Final rule correcting OMB control numbers in the regulations governing the BSAI crab fisheries. Effective April 1, 2005.
RegulationsNOTE: also see Program Changes
- 50 CFR Part 680: Shellfish Fisheries of the EEZ Off Alaska
- 70 FR 10174, March 2, 2005. Final rule to implement Amendments 18 and 19 to the FMP for BSAI King and Tanner Crabs. Amendment 18 and Amendment 19 amend the FMP to include the Voluntary Three-Pie Cooperative Program.
- Workshop Presentations
- News Release, March 2, 2005
- Final Regulatory Flexibility Analysis for the Crab Rationalization Program, February 1, 2005
- Final EIS for BSAI King and Tanner Crab Fisheries, August 2004
- North Pacific Fishery Management Council Information and Action