Southeast Alaska Pacific Herring
Southeast Alaska Pacific HerringStatus Review
- Summary of Peer Reviewer Comments and Response for the Status Review of Southeast Alaska Herring, January 2014
- 73 FR 66031, November 6, 2008. Notice of request for information, data, and comments pertinent to a risk assessment as part of a status review of the Southeast Alaska population of Pacific herring. Comment period through December 8, 2008.
- 73 FR 19824, April 11, 2008. Initiation of status review for Southeast Alaska Pacific Herring.
Lynn Canal Pacific Herring
Pacific herring. Photo: JJ Vollenweider, NOAA Fisheries
Petition to List
- 73 FR 19824, April 11, 2008. Notice of a 12–month finding on a petition to list Lynn Canal Pacific Herring (Clupea pallasi) as a threatened or endangered species under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). NMFS finds that listing Lynn Canal Pacific herring as threatened or endangered under the ESA is not warranted.
- Status Review of Lynn Canal Herring, March 2008 (10 MB)
- News Release: NOAA’s Fisheries Service Says Herring in Lynn Canal Not Endangered, April 15, 2008
- 72 FR 51619, September 10, 2007. Notice of Finding on a petition to list Lynn Canal Pacific Herring as a threatened or endangered species under the Endangered Species Act. Information and comments should be submitted to NMFS by December 10, 2007.
- Petition to List Lynn Canal Pacific Herring under the Endangered Species Act, Juneau Group of the Sierra Club, April 2007