National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Grants
NOAA Grants: Alaska Program Office
Alaska Grant Information
- Notice that NMFS is considering the adoption of a new competitive, merit-based, financial assistance program supporting research on Alaska pinniped populations. To this end, NMFS is soliciting comments from the public and the marine mammal research community concerning possible program priorities to consider for an annual Alaska Pinniped Research Program. Comment period through November 7, 2014. NEW!
- Grants Online: NOAA's online grants database for grant recipients and public grant searches.
Fisheries Disaster Request
- News Release: Fisheries disaster relief funds to be in hands of impacted fishermen soon
- Salmon Fisheries Disaster Funds
NOAA Grants and Acquisition Information
National NOAA Grant Programs
- Community-based Marine Debris Removal NEW!
- Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- Sea Grant Aquaculture Program
- Saltonstall-Kennedy Grant Program
- NOAA Restoration Center
- National Sea Grant College Program
- Prescott Marine Mammal Rescue Assistance Grant Program
- Proactive Species Conservation Program
- Species Recovery Grants to States
- Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- Marine Debris Program
- NOAA Coastal Services Center Catalog
- Community-based Restoration Program
- Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund
- Alaska Native Organization Co-management Funding Program
Additional Federal Grant Opportunities
Saltonstall Kennedy Funding Opportunity
The objective of the Saltonstall Kennedy (S-K) Grant Program is to address the needs of fishing communities in optimizing economic benefits by building and maintaining sustainable fisheries and practices, dealing with the impacts of conservation and management measures, and increasing other opportunities to keep working waterfronts viable. NMFS seeks applications that demonstrate direct benefits to U.S. fishing industries and encourages proposals that involve fishing community participation. S-K grant applications are due by 11:59 PM EST 12/15/2014. NEW!
For more information see Grants.gov. Click on the blue "Application Package" tab and then download the application package: "Alaska Applications Saltonstall Kennedy 2014/2015".
How to Apply for Federal Grants
- Grants.gov (Federal Government Funding Opportunities)
Grant and Cooperative Agreement Regulations
- Department of Commerce Financial Assistance Standard Terms and Conditions
- NOAA Administrative Standard Award Conditions
- Government Wide Research Terms and Conditions
- Department of Commerce Pre-Award Notification Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- 15 CFR Part 14 - Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, other Nonprofits and Commercial Organizations
- 15 CFR Part 24 - Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements to State and Local Governments
- OMB Circular A-21, Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
- OMB Circular A-87, Cost Principles for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments
- OMB Circular A-122, Cost Principles for Nonprofit Organizations
- OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Nonprofit Organizations
About the Grants Program Office
Alaska Program Office Staff: Jenn Hall-Brown and Shawn Carey
The Grants Program Office of the National Marine Fisheries Service (NOAA Fisheries), Alaska Region administers a broad range of financial assistance and program partnership activities directed at supporting the core mission of NOAA Fisheries. The Program Office is a component of the Operations and Management Division (OMD) of the Alaska Regional Office in Juneau, and is supported by technical staff from the Regional Office and the Alaska Fisheries Science Center.
Each year OMD's grant staff initiates 30-40 new grants. The primary source of funding for NMFS Alaska grant programs and initiatives comes from program specific discretionary funding. On an on-going basis, the grants staff administers a grant portfolio valued at over $300 million dollars. Each year grant awards are made to universities, state agencies, and public or private sector nonprofit organizations to fund marine related research or activities.
Shawn Carey, Grants Program Officer
PH: (907) 586-7845
Jenn Hall-Brown, Grants Program Officer
PH: (907) 586-7273