Southeast Alaska Pacific Herring
Southeast Alaska Pacific HerringStatus Review
- Status Review of Southeast Alaska Herring (Clupea pallasi), March 2014
- 79 FR 18518, April 02, 2014. Notice of a status review of the Southeast Alaska Distinct Population Segment (DPS) of Pacific herring (Clupea pallasii) under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Listing the Southeast Alaska DPS of Pacific herring is not warranted at this time.
- News Release: NOAA Fisheries finds Southeast Alaska Pacific herring ESA listing not warranted, March 2014
- Summary of Peer Reviewer Comments and Response for the Status Review of Southeast Alaska Herring, January 2014
- 73 FR 66031, November 6, 2008. Notice of request for information, data, and comments pertinent to a risk assessment as part of a status review of the Southeast Alaska population of Pacific herring. Comment period through December 8, 2008.
- 73 FR 19824, April 11, 2008. Initiation of status review for Southeast Alaska Pacific Herring.
Lynn Canal Pacific Herring
Pacific herring. Photo: JJ Vollenweider, NOAA Fisheries
Petition to List
- 73 FR 19824, April 11, 2008. Notice of a 12–month finding on a petition to list Lynn Canal Pacific Herring (Clupea pallasi) as a threatened or endangered species under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). NMFS finds that listing Lynn Canal Pacific herring as threatened or endangered under the ESA is not warranted.
- Status Review of Lynn Canal Herring, March 2008 (10 MB)
- News Release: NOAA’s Fisheries Service Says Herring in Lynn Canal Not Endangered, April 15, 2008
- 72 FR 51619, September 10, 2007. Notice of Finding on a petition to list Lynn Canal Pacific Herring as a threatened or endangered species under the Endangered Species Act. Information and comments should be submitted to NMFS by December 10, 2007.
- Petition to List Lynn Canal Pacific Herring under the Endangered Species Act, Juneau Group of the Sierra Club, April 2007