Replace or renew my SHARC

Renewing a SHARC 

To renew a SHARC 

  • Use the on-line renewal system. Note: to use this online service you must have a valid e-mail address on file with Restricted Access Managment  (RAM). If you have not provided RAM with an email, please contact RAM via email or in writing and inform them what address you want to use. You will need your NMFS ID and e-mail address to activate your account. Use the ‘Activate an Account’ link from the login page to enable your account.  .
  • Download a paper application from,  or  request a paper application form by calling the RAM office directly at: 1-800-304-4846 (option 2), or in Juneau: 907-586-7202

When completed, you can submit your renewal application one of the following ways:

  • Mail: NMFS Alaska Region, Restricted Access Management (RAM), P.O. Box 21668, Juneau, Alaska 99802-1668 
  • Hand Deliver: Juneau Federal Building, 709 West 9th Street, RAM Program, Room 713
  • Fax: (907) 586-7354 

Please note that you may not renew your SHARC more than 90 days prior to its expiration date.

Replacing a SHARC Certificate

To replace a SHARC you may:

*Applicants must provide a NMFS ID, type of replacement permit, certificate, or report they are requesting as well as a mailing address or fax number they want the replacement sent. *NOTE: Applicants' permits and reports can be viewed and printed by logging into eFISH using the applicant’s NMFS ID # and email provided to RAM. Allow at least 10 business days for your application to be processed.