Essential Fish Habitat Reviews
The EFH regulations state that the Council and NMFS should conduct a complete review of EFH provisions of FMPs at least once every 5 years and revise or amend the EFH provisions as warranted based on available information. The review is to evaluate: 1) published scientific literature, 2) unpublished scientific reports, 3) information solicited from interested parties, and 4) previously unavailable or inaccessible data. NPFMC revised the EFH sections of its Fishery Management Plans to address the results of the 5-year review.
2015 EFH 5-year Review
- Final 5-Year Review Documents: Each Federal Fishery Management Plan (FMP) under jurisdiction of the NPFMC and NOAA Fisheries will be updated with new EFH information.
Archived EFH Information
- EFH Omnibus Amendments were approved in October 2012.
- Independent Review of NOAA Fisheries' Evaluation of the Effects of Fishing on Essential Fish Habitat, 2004
- EFH data inventory, 2009
- NMFS-funded projects under the EFH research plan, 2005-2009
- NPRB-funded projects relating to EFH, 2004-2008
- Habitat and Ecological Processes Research (HEPR) Program