Recordkeeping and Reporting (R&R)
Recordkeeping and Reporting for Federal Fisheries in Alaska
NOAA Fisheries, Alaska Region, manages U.S. fisheries in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of the waters off Alaska. Management includes Recordkeeping and Reporting procedures to promote the goals and objectives of fishery management plans, the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, and and other applicable laws. In addition, management of the Pacific halibut fisheries in and off Alaska is governed by the International Pacific Halibut Commission (IPHC) and NOAA Fisheries through an international agreement, the Convention Between the United States of America and Canada for the Preservation of the Halibut Fishery of the Northern Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea, (Convention). The Convention is implemented in the U.S. by the Northern Pacific Halibut Act of 1982.
The collection of reliable data is essential to the effective conservation, management, and scientific understanding of the fishery resources. NMFS recognizes that the best available biological and socioeconomic information is necessary in order to promote successful management of groundfish, crab, Pacific halibut, and salmon resources. All U.S. vessels harvesting EEZ fish and shoreside processors, stationary floating processors, and motherships receiving EEZ fish are required to hold a Federal permit and thus comply with recordkeeping and reporting requirements. Data collected are used for making in-season and inter-season management decisions that affect the fishery resources and the fishing industry that utilizes them.
Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Reporting Forms: Online and/or fillable forms for all Alaska federal fisheries
- Logbooks: Copies of logbook forms and instructions for vessels/processors.
- eLandings: eLandings is the Interagency Electronic Reporting System for reporting commercial fishery landings in Alaska. eLandings is used to report landings and/or production data for groundfish, IFQ/CDQ halibut and sablefish, and IFQ/CDQ crab and Community of Adak golden king crab.
- Out-of-state eLandings Manual Landing Report: Report for non-Alaska shoreside processors that receive from catcher vessels groundfish harvested in the Bering Sea, Aleutian Islands, or the Gulf of Alaska.
- eLogbook for Catcher/processors: There are two different reporting applications for the eLogbook for At-sea Catcher Processors:
- eLandings - web based electronic reporting system that includes the eLogbook application for Trawl and Longline Catcher Processors.
- seaLandings - stand alone electronic reporting software installed on individual computer workstations that transmits reports via email for vessels functions without constant Internet connectivity and includes the eLogbook application for the Trawl Catcher Processor eLogbook and the Longline Catcher Processor eLogbook.
- eLogbook for Catcher Vessels
- seaLandings – stand alone electronic reporting software installed on individual computer workstations with the eLogbook application
- eLogbook for Motherships:
- eLandings - web based electronic reporting system that includes the eLogbook application for Motherships
- seaLandings - stand alone electronic reporting software installed on individual computer workstations that transmits reports via email for vessels functions without constant Internet connectivity and includes the eLogbook application for the Mothership eLogbook.
- eFISH - NMFS, Alaska Region's online Fisheries Information System provides registered buyers and fishermen access to their NMFS permit accounts to: check account and vessel balances and landing ledger reports, quota share holdings reports, and processor quota share holding reports from various fisheries; report landings; conduct quota transfers; renew certain fishery permits; submit ex-vessel value and volume reports; pay cost-recovery fees for crab, IFQ, observer and rockfish programs; report a Guided Angler Fish (GAF) landing and check a GAF permit balance.
- Fishery Management Boundaries: Alaska Department of Fish and Game Groundfish Statistical Areas, National Marine Fisheries Service Reporting Areas, and International Pacific Halibut Commission Regulatory Areas (maps)
- Catch monitoring/scales
- 50 CFR 679: Fisheries of the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) Off Alaska
- 50 CFR 680: Shellfish Fisheries of the EEZ Off Alaska
- 50 CFR 300: International Fishing Regulations
- Pacific Halibut Fisheries (see 50 CFR 300.60 through 300.66)
- ADF&G Statistical Area Charts
- EPIRB Beacon Registration Forms
- High Seas Fishing
- PRA Submissions Approved by OMB
- Observer Provider List
- Privacy Act System of Records
Contact InformationPatsy Bearden
PH: (907) 586-7008
PH: 1-800-304-4846 - #3