Text Only: Yes | No

National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska Regional Office

Community Development Quota (CDQ) Halibut Program

Community Development Quota (CDQ) Halibut


A CDQ permit is required to harvest CDQ halibut. Permits are issued annually and without charge to CDQ groups with allocations of CDQ halibut. In addition, each individual harvesting CDQ halibut must have an IFQ/CDQ hired master permit issued in their name. The CDQ group must apply for the hired master permits.

  • Online Services:

    • NMFS Web Application: Check a vessel balance; report a landing (to be replaced by eLandings); print a receipt for a previous landing; make an ex-vessel volume and value report; renew an annual registered buyer permit; pay cost-recovery fees; view an IFQ landing ledger report; check a permit balance; and view a registered buyer landing ledger report.
    • CDQ Groups: Check account balances and ledger reports

    • eLandings. Make landings for IFQ/CDQ crab, halibut and sablefish IFQ, and groundfish

Western Alaska Community Development Quota (CDQ) Program

Program Information

  • Western Alaska CDQ: The Western Alaska Community Development Quota (CDQ) Program allocates a percentage of all Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands quotas for groundfish, prohibited species, halibut, and crab to eligible communities.

Regulations for Western Alaska CDQ and CDQ Halibut

← Restricted Access Management | IFQ