Community Development Quota (CDQ) Halibut Program
Community Development Quota (CDQ) Halibut
A CDQ permit is required to harvest CDQ halibut. Permits are issued annually and without charge to CDQ groups with allocations of CDQ halibut. In addition, each individual harvesting CDQ halibut must have an IFQ/CDQ hired master permit issued in their name. The CDQ group must apply for the hired master permits.
- Proposed Fee Program: NEW!
- Proposed rule to implement cost recovery fee programs for the Western Alaska Community Development Quota Program for groundfish and halibut, and three limited access privilege programs. Comment period through February 6, 2015.
- Online Services:
- Application Forms
- CDQ Halibut Fishery Season Dates
- Halibut Catch Sharing Plan
- Recordkeeping and Reporting Forms
Western Alaska Community Development Quota (CDQ) Program
- Western Alaska CDQ: The Western Alaska Community Development Quota (CDQ) Program allocates a percentage of all Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands quotas for groundfish, prohibited species, halibut, and crab to eligible communities.
Regulations for Western Alaska CDQ and CDQ Halibut
- Also refer to specific CDQ sections within the following:
- IFQ/CDQ regulations prior to 1994: (LARGE FILES)