Delisting of the eastern Distinct Population Segmentof the Steller Sea Lion
Map of the generalized range of the Steller sea lion showing the division between the two distinct population segments. Click to see a larger version.
- 78 FR 66140, November 4, 2013. Final Rule to remove the eastern distinct population segment (DPS) of Steller sea lion from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife. Effective December 4, 2013.
- 77 FR 23209, April 18, 2012. Proposed rule to remove the eastern distinct population segment (DPS) of Steller sea lions from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife. Comment period through June 4, 2012.
- 75 FR 77602, December 13, 2010. Notice of 90-day petition finding on two petitions to delist the eastern Distinct Population Segment (DPS) of the Steller Sea Lion. We (NMFS) find that the petitions present substantial scientific or commercial information indicating that the petitioned action may be warranted. We are continuing our status review of this DPS to determine if the petitioned action is warranted. Information and comments must be submitted by February 11, 2011.
- 75 FR 53272, August 31, 2010. Notice of the reopening of a comment period on the 5–year review of the eastern Distinct Population Segment of the Steller Sea Lion. The public comment period has been reopened for an additional 45 days, to October 14, 2010.
- 75 FR 38979, July 7, 2010. Correction to the notice of initiation of a 5–year review of the eastern Distinct Population Segment of the Steller Sea Lion (75 FR 37385, June 29, 2010). The correct email address for comments and information is email@example.com and the correct fax number is 907–586–7557. Effective July 7, 2010.
- 75 FR 37385, June 29, 2010. Notice of a 5–year review of the eastern Distinct Population Segment of the Steller Sea Lion under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended. Information about this notice must be received by August 30, 2010.
Petitions to the US Department of Commerce and NOAA Fisheries
- Petitions to Delist the Eastern Distinct Population Segment of the Steller Sea Lion from the Endangered Species Act - August 2010